Dec 23, 2017

A Centennial Celebration

Dad. Today is your 100th birthday! You have been with the Lord for over eleven years. For sure, you aren't celebrating the life you had on earth but rather the glorious life you now have with Him. But I, I'm still here on this old planet earth, doing earthly, human things. And so I celebrate this centennial year since your birth.

You were SO blessed! God rescued you from a hopeless, miserable life to one of purpose and joy in serving Him. I am so thankful for your life, your example, your faithfulness. You were a wonderful father. In fact you still are! Hardly a day goes by that I am not reminded of you and I wish you were here so that I could garner more wisdom. 

My celebration is really to the Lord, the One who gave you to me...and to all of us, your children. I am positive that they, too, are thankful for your life and example. You gave us such fantastic memories and an amazing heritage that will always be with us and with the generations to come.

I love you, Dad.


 The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him. (Proverbs 23:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment